On the internet, and YouTube in particular, there are countless so-called ‘ultimate lists’ or classifications, mostly presented as Top 10 or Top 5 and so on. We are sure you have come across one or two yourself. We are actually about to add our very own version which is in fact a Top 9 plus a bonus listing. First, however, here is our Top 5 reasons not to take a look at that particular enumeration.
- A giant UFO is hovering over your office while aliens threaten to teleport some of your colleagues.
- You have to take care of your neighbour’s goldfish who is suffering from war trauma.
- You’re too busy repeating the same word over and over until it loses its meaning.
- You just picked up a book on trimming shrubbery and simply can't put it down.
- You are too busy going through the latest Top 10 lists on YouTube.
Assuming that none of these reasons really apply, here is our list of reasons why we at aewacs prefer working with Amazon Web Services over other cloud providers.
- Pace of innovation.
- Deployment speed. Traditional providers take anywhere from 48-96 hours to provision a server. AWS shrinks that deployment time to minutes.
- Geographical presence.
- Flexibility. With AWS, it’s possible to rent third-party tools on-demand. With less than a few clicks, it’s possible to monitor your entire infrastructure for security breaches, error handling and health-checks.
- Do what you’re good at. AWS is best at designing and operating datacenters.
- Scalability. With, for example, more than 35 major services and 927 sub-services and features, AWS offers a wide range of services for startups.
- Self-service model.
- The breath of services.
- The AWS Marketplace provides us with an option to offer our services making use of AWS billing and metering functionality. Moreover, every service is based on ‘pay for use’. Traditional hardware, for the most part, goes unutilised for 90% of its lifecycle. AWS helps deal with this problem by keeping it cheap during the slow times. We find ourselves in a good neighbourhood with renowned AWS users like Netflix, Reddit, Slack and our very own Dutch amusement park the Efteling. In a way, we are proud to make our own modest contribution with our aewacs tool for automating scheduled activities in AWS.
You’re free to join our neighbourhood any time!
Photo by Ian Schneider
Subscribe to our newsletter
Stay informed about our latest updates through email. Subscribe here.